Permits are required for most new roofs, re-roofs and major roof repair jobs, but many cities don't require them for minor repairs or replacements of less than 100 square feet (one "square") of roofing area.
How to Get Your Homeowners Insurance to Pay for a New Roof
- Review your Policy. First and foremost, check your homeowner's policy to ensure that coverage for roof repair or replacement is available. ...
- Assess the Damage. ...
- Contact your Insurance Agent. ...
- Contact Roofing Companies. ...
- File a Claim.
Apr 3, 2019
25 Silent Signs Your House Is Falling Apart
- Your air conditioning has lost pressure.
- Your cabinets have shifted.
- Your doors and windows don't open or close properly.
- Your plumbing has lost pressure.
- Your faucets won't stop dripping.
- Your floors are sloping.
- Or they feel bouncy.
- Or the floor around your appliances is warped.
Aug 23, 2019